FREE Level 3 Award in Volunteer Management - Starts 23/11/23 or 05/12/23
This course is for anyone who supports and manages volunteers and would like to take the time to reflect on their own practice and explore new ways to do things.
The course takes place over 3 days (via Teams) and to achieve the qualification there are 3 workbooks to complete as homework. Successful completion of the course leads to the SEG Awards Certa Level 3 Award in Volunteer Management qualification.
The qualification is made up of the following 3 units:
- Organisations and Volunteering
- Attracting and Recruiting Volunteers
- Supporting and Developing Volunteers
What will I learn?
During the course you will:
• explore benefits of volunteering for volunteers, the organisation, and the wider community
• identify good practice in your own volunteer recruitment, induction and retention
• develop your own skills and processes for supporting and supervising volunteers
• explore the legal implications of having volunteers and review your own policies and procedures
• clarify the purpose of a volunteer agreement and ensure your own arrangements comply with current good practice.
What will I need?
This course is delivered online using the Teams platform so you will need a computer or device that is connected to the internet and an email address.
How is this qualification assessed?
To achieve the qualification 3 workbooks will be completed. These will be assigned to you as homework after each session. Your tutor will assess these and give you feedback. You will be supported by your tutor throughout the course.
What will I achieve?
Successful completion of the course will lead to achievement of the SEG Awards Certa Level 3 Award in Volunteer Management.
The 3 day course is delivered online.
The next available course dates are:
• 23rd, 27th and 29th November 2023 - 9am until 3pm – delivered over Teams
• 5th, 6th and 7th December 2023 - 9am until 3pm – delivered over Teams
There is homework between sessions which is made up of 3 question and answer workbooks. To achieve the qualification all three workbooks must be completed.
To book a place please or for an informal chat about this course please email Lucy Oliver - lucy.oliver@HCUKtraining.co.uk
Eligibility & Cost
*These courses are fully funded to paid employees aged 19 or over from eligible organisation.
To be eligible organisations need to meet the following criteria:
A small to medium enterprise (SME) based in the Humber area (this includes registered charities, CICs, CIOs) employing up to 250 full-time equivalents with a turnover of up to £34 million or a balance sheet less than £29 million
Other upcoming free courses with available spaces include:
• Fire Awareness: 28th November @ Hull College 9am-4pm
• Level 3 Emergency First Aid: 17th November @ Scunthorpe or 7th December @ Hull College 8.45am – 4pm approx
• Team Leading Responsibilities: 23rd November 9am-4pm
• Artificial Intelligence: 21st November @ Hull College 1pm-4pm
• Level 2 Industrial Environmental Awareness (2-day course) • 18th & 19th December – Hull College 9am-4pm
For more details
Email | Lucy Oliver - lucy.oliver@HCUKtraining.co.uk