Holiday Activities & Food (HAF) grants live deadline noon 25 September
East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) grant scheme is now launched supporting providers to deliver fun activities for children and young people aged 5-16 years who receive are eligible for benefits related free school meals (FSM) in the Christmas holidays.
There’s up to £5,000 at Christmas and £150,000 available annually for organisations to provide a range of activities for children, young people or families who are in receipt of benefits related free school meals including sport, play, art, music, dance, crafts, drama, cookery, farm experiences or outdoor adventure.
Funding can be spent on management and delivery staff, venues, equipment, volunteer expenses, food, marketing, trips and capital costs. HAF funds places or programmes for our eligible pupils, with organisations deciding on the age range, number of sessions and places they wish to provide. A meal is to be provided each time pupils attend and all sessions should be 4 hours long, but recognise that shorter sessions for secondary school-aged pupils may be more beneficial.
The annual grant enables organisations to deliver fun and creative programmes in all 3 holiday periods of Easter, Summer and Christmas in 2024.
Minimum operating standards need to be in place, but support is available to meet these requirements.
- All staff and volunteers must hold a valid DBS and have undertaken safeguarding training
- A qualified first aider must be present when delivering the programme
- Activities and venues are assessed, with measures put in place to manage identified risks
- All staff to adhere to their organisation’s governance (safeguarding, safer recruitment, equality, privacy and health & safety policies)
- Holds public and employer’s liability insurance to a sum of 5 million.
Christmas grant deadline
The deadline for the Christmas grant application form is noon 25th September.
How to apply
To apply visit Active East Riding HERE.
The HAF team can help in finding a local catering supplier, grant application support, contract monitoring and also provide good practice training courses.
For an informal chat please contact Vicky Jude, HAF Commissioning and Quality Monitoring Officer