During the Covid-19 pandemic, a new type of volunteer emerged – agile volunteers seeking impactful, time-sensitive roles which have a big impact on their community and fit around their work and home life.
We’re keen to keep the momentum alive and are researching how we can offer new, ‘bitesize’ volunteering opportunities. We envisage this taking the form of an online platform where partners can advertise time-sensitive roles, and volunteers can access exceptional online training. This training would result in a Volunteering Passport, allowing volunteers to move seamlessly between different organisations.
We’re keen to hear from any partners who want to come on this journey with us. If you're interested in working with us on the project, please contact us.Key Priorities:
Our expected outputs are as follows:
1. To assist in the development of the volunteering market post Covid
2. To create an agile, digital volunteering platform enabling volunteers to quickly pick and choose the right roles for them
3. To make volunteering more accessible, simple and timely
4. To provide exceptional training resulting in a Volunteering Passport which allows volunteers to move between organisations, without completing multiple registrations or training programmes.
5. To become a leader in the field of volunteering – the home of agile volunteering for Hull and East Riding, bringing partners together
6. To create a series of quality standards for volunteer organisations within the passport scheme to ensure that everyone gets a consistent experience
7. To facilitate a better understating of the possibilities of volunteering – managing expectations for both volunteers and organisations
8. To support the development of our partners through exceptional volunteer management training