Protecting people and safeguarding responsibilities should be a governance priority for all VCSE groups.
All groups that work with or come into contact with children and vulnerable adults must have safeguarding policies and procedures in place.
How we can help:
We understand that it's not always easy to know exactly what you need to do. That's why Smile East Riding Community Hive (Hive) is working closely with Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust and East Riding of Yorkshire Council to offer VCSE groups in the East Riding a range of FREE services to help. Support includes:
- Reviewing your current safeguarding policy
- Give advice and feedback on specific safeguarding challenges
- Working with you to develop organisational policy and procedures to ensure compliance with all legislation and statutory guidance.
- Staff and volunteer training options including face-to-face training, eLearning and written guidance. Our adult safeguarding training offer includes three levels of face-to-face training.
- Support the development of safe environments for children and vulnerable adults.
- Regular updates from us on topical issues and new national and local guidance.
- Opportunities to network around key local safeguarding issues.
If you'd like to find out more about these services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to the Hive team by calling 01482 590270 | Email email@example.com
Safeguarding contacts in East Riding
01482 396999 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.erscp.org.uk
01482 392091 | Email: email@example.com | www.ersab.org.uk
How to report concerns:
Children: Children's Safeguarding Hub | contact details |Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adults: Safeguarding Adults Board |contact details | Email: email@example.com